Sugaring hair-removal originated in Ancient Egypt, where many of our classic beauty secrets come from. Sugaring is THE SAFEST form of hair-removal for several very important reasons:
- Sugar paste is WATER-SOLUBLE, which means it won’t clog your pores and follicles (and any sticky residue can be easily removed with water)
- Sugar paste is completely NATURAL – it is made of sugar, water and lemon juice – that’s IT!
- There is NO CROSS-CONTAMINATION EVER because there is no “double-dipping” back into the pot of sugar paste. The same “ball” of sugar paste is used to remove hair until it needs to be switched out with a sterile glove.
- Sugar paste does not adhere to live skin cells, which means it is much kinder to your skin and even safe for eczema and psoriasis.
- The technique of sugaring eliminates hair-breakage under the surface of the skin. This means less chance of ingrown hairs and slower re-growth of hair than with waxing.
- The sugar paste is warm, not hot, so it can’t burn you! Phew!
- Although not “pain-free,” most clients report that sugaring is far less painful than waxing. The skin calms down much more quickly after sugaring, and you are not left feeling raw or tender. For bikini sugaring, many clients take Ibuprofen or Tylenol 20-30 minutes before the appointment.